Water leaks are normally quite easy to diagnose especially large leaks as there is often a lot of water, however sometimes when a leak is slow and out of sight it can be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
Regardless, it is just as important to get those small leaks addressed as soon as possible as water leaks can become very serious and costly if they are not attended to. It’s always wise to be proactive and give us a call before it gets out of control.
Some of the tell-tale signs of a burst, or leaking pipe are:
- Dampness, or discoloration of carpet or flooring (especially in areas near bathrooms, laundries, and kitchens). Wooden flooring tends to swell and lift.
- Discoloration, or strange marks appearing on ceilings and walls.
- Damp, mould, and musty smells.
- Signs of water anywhere
- Flakey, bubbling, discoloured paint.
- Poor water pressure. (that would normally be a good pressure)
- Hissing sounds behind walls or under floors.
We know how important it is to attend to burst pipes in the early stages. Water can cause a lot of damage and can get anywhere so If you think you have any of the problems listed above give us a call and let us come and investigate for you.